Mayatan accepted into ABSH
Mayatan Bilingual School is proud to announce that it has officially been accepted into the Association of Bilingual Schools of Honduras (ABSH).
In a letter dated May 16, 2011, the Association informed us of their decision based on the following:
1. The staff credentials.
2. The administrative strength and credentials.
3. The opportunities the foundation is giving to many Honduran children to obtain a quality education.
4. The relationship between Mayatan and MU High School online program.
5. The well documented curriculum.
The ABSH also made the following commendations:
1. To Nora Arita de Welchez for her extraordinary vision.
2. The collaborative culture at Mayatan.
3. To the foundation for providing financial resources and aid for 43% of the student body.
We are extremely excited to join the likes of Albert Einstein School, Mazapan, American School, Happy Days, Discovery School, and many other fine bilingual schools. We look forward to the collaboration and community this will bring, as well as to the competitions like spelling bees and sports.