Escuela para Padres at Mayatan!
Last week we held our second annual 'School for Parents' as part of our school wide effort to expand upon and improve learning outcomes in the classroom. In doing so we provided an interactive, participatory space between staff and families of the Mayatan community where strategies for positive change were generated for topics related to family environment, parenting, and integrated growth of the students. We encouraged our parents to implement appropriate strategies to support the development of their children and adolescents.
These sessions included:
- Interpreting standardized test results
- How to read with your child at home
- Goal setting and using motivational strategies
- How to spend (quality) time with your children
- 7 habits of highly effective people
- Discovering the 4 agreements as the apply to the school community
- The age of social media: selfies, instagram, and technology use and abuse
- Experiencing bilingual education
The event was a great success which provided an excellent learning opportunity for our parents and teachers alike!
Leave a Response